Retail Manager (Charleston)
Retail Manager (Charleston)
Full time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
OVERALL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Day to Day Retail Responsibilities:
- Consistent execution of all opening & closing procedures and daily operational procedures.
- Supports key initiatives as determined by General Manager to support daily, weekly & monthly sales goals.
- Actively maintain presence on the retail floor to handle customer transactions and deliver feedback to Chandlers on the floor. Teaches candle-making workshops at least twice a week.
- Supports private events, in store events and other special circumstances as scheduled by GM.
- Maintaining finished goods inventory: cycle counting, price stickering product, investigating negative inventory issues.
- Ensuring Candlefish is well stocked at all times: Formatical products, replenishing finished goods from backstock and communicating any sold out items.
- Ordering Formatical products on a weekly basis and communicating with shipping team on order delivery.
- Reordering well performing finished goods products, adhering to guidelines provided by buyer and staying within monthly buying budgets.
- Provide ongoing feedback about finished goods product performance to Candlefish Buyer.
- Ensure all store standards are met and maintained as determined by the General Manager and Corporate Visual Merchandiser, i.e visual expectations, inventory stocked, carts cleaned, etc.
- Responsible for executing monthly remerchandising plans based on guides delivered by Corporate Visual Merchandiser & documenting displays.
- Responsible for executing seasonal window displays in collaboration with Corporate Visual Merchandiser.
- Recruit, interview and hire new chandlers in collaboration with GM. Responsible for customer service & experience training for all new and current employees and follow up testing for all employees.
- Develop contests and other programs to incentivize and motivate chandlers and create a positive team environment.
- Promote positivity through daily interactions with customers and staff members.
- Ability to solve problems independently & proactively
- Available to respectfully & constructively deliver feedback to Chandlers on the floor
- Develop positive relationships with all Chandlers and Manager
- Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays and have a flexible schedule. Role will require working at least one weekend day a week and availability to work during November and December holidays.
- Maintain open, honest, and frequent communication with Candlefish staff and stakeholders.
- Ability to jump into any Candlefish role if/when needed
- Uphold all Candlefish leadership guidelines
- Put Candlefish customers & employees first
Think you'd be a good fit? Send on over your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.