General Manager (Atlanta)
Candlefish General Manager
Full Time, Salary, Non- Exempt
We are a fast-paced, high-growth team looking for inspiring people who share our passion for retail, candle making & fragrance to join our team. We are seeking a qualified, experienced leader to join our Atlanta Candlefish retail team as General Manager at our Ponce City Market location.
The core responsibilities of this position include leading our growing retail team to exceed their sales, KPI, and personal goals, implementing consistent customer service training to make us the very best customer experience out there, building customer loyalty through local marketing efforts, and managing and improving all day-to-day operations of the store.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee all operations of our multifaceted store: workshops, production, inventory management, purchasing, visual merchandising, customer service, staffing and more!
- Making candles, teaching workshops, & servicing customers on the retail floor
- Lead in-store team of 10+, including management staff, full time and part time employees
- Develop & execute strategies to drive in-store sales and achieve sales & KPI Goals
- Uphold culture & customer service standards through consistently training & mentoring staff
- Drive local brand recognition through local marketing, in store & off site events, strategic partnerships, networking with community, etc.
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of retail experience, and at least 1+ in leadership role
- You are extremely goal oriented & motivated by growth and have a go-getter attitude
- You have the ability to multi-task & wear numerous “hats” at one time
- You are an independent and proactive problem solver.
- You are able to deliver consistent open & honest communication.
- You’re outgoing and love to make connections with customers, community, and team
- You are able to lift at least 50 lbs & stand on your feet for an entire shift.
- You have open availability (nights, weekends, holidays) & can fill shifts when needed
What you’ll get:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance
- 20 days of PTO + Holidays, PTO for Volunteering, Jury Duty, and Bereavement
- Quarterly Sales Bonus & generous parking stipend
- Candlefish Perks & Discounts (duh!)
The Nitty Gritty
Sales & KPI
- Prepare & deliver accurate & timely reports that assist in tracking weekly, monthly, yearly, etc. sales goals in coordination with the Candlefish Director of Operations
- Develop & execute strategies to achieve daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly store goals determined by Candlefish management
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing and hiring all new Candlefish staff in collaboration with Daydreamer HR
- Responsible for staffing the store to achieve sales, workshop and labor goals (i.e. scheduling, hiring/firing, role transitions, etc.)
Training & Development
- Uphold Candlefish’s standard for customer service & continuously work to improve the customer experience in collaboration with the team
- Responsible for employee performance management, engagement, progressive discipline, etc. in collaboration with Daydreamer HR
- Develop & maintain store training systems, schedules and materials for all staff
- Responsible for employee performance management, engagement, progressive discipline, etc. in collaboration with the Candlefish Director of Operations
- Oversee & manage all day-to-day operations of the store
- Maintain accurate & efficient raw material & finished good inventory systems
- Maintain Candlefish shop operating systems (i.e. POS system, traffic counter, internet, printers, etc.) and independently troubleshoot as needed
- Drive sales, customer loyalty and local brand recognition through local marketing, promotions, in store & off site events, strategic partnerships, attending networking events, offering specialty classes, charitable giving, etc.
- Select & purchase local product for the store in collaboration with Candlefish Management
- Uphold Candlefish’s standard for visual merchandising and retail aesthetic
- Ensure management team & staff meet all assigned responsibilities and expectations
- Exemplify and train our leadership values regularly
- Invest in the professional growth of each chandler on the team
- Ability to solve problems independently & proactively
- Available to handle Candlefish operational issues outside of normal business hours
- Reachable by phone or email during Candlefish business hours
- Night, weekend and holiday availability
- Work at least 2 full weekends per month
- Work at least 1 production shift per month
- Work at least 2 floor shifts per week
- Teach at least 2 workshop classes per week
- Must be available to work all major holidays
- Maintain open, honest and frequent communication with Candlefish management & staff
- Ability to jump into any role if/when needed
- Uphold all Candlefish leadership guidelines
- Put Candlefish employees and customers first
- Participate in any Candlefish event if/when necessary
Think you'd be a good fit? Send on over your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.