Assistant Manager (Atlanta)
Candlefish Atlanta Assistant Manager
Full Time, Salary, Non- Exempt
We are a fast-paced, high-growth team looking for inspiring people who share our passion for retail, candle making & fragrance to join our team. We are seeking a qualified, experienced leader to join our Atlanta Candlefish retail team as General Manager at our Ponce City Market location.
The core responsibilities of this position include leading our growing retail team to exceed their sales, KPI, and personal goals, implementing consistent customer service training to make us the very best customer experience out there, building customer loyalty through local marketing efforts, and managing and improving all day-to-day operations of the store.
Overall Job Responsibilities:
- Consistently executing all opening & closing procedures/processes when scheduled to do so
- Memorize all 100 Candlefish fragrances & lead customers through fragrance exploration
- Actively maintain presence on the retail floor to handle customer transactions and help deliver feedback to Chandlers on the floor
- Assist with training all new employees on delivering exceptional Candlefish customer service on the retail floor, workshop & Candlefish Library
- Educate chandlers on all new workshops, and train new workshop teachers
- Assist General Manager with recruiting and interviewing
- Maintain Raw Materials inventory management processes & procedures:
- Create purchase orders for all raw materials needed to make candles in the workshop, including:
- Candlefish Library candle materials
- Private Label candle materials
- Regular and Specialty class materials
- Effectively & efficiently receiving raw materials
- Raw Materials cycle counting, with support from lead chandlers
- Effectively train and direct lead chandlers to assist with raw material counting
- Managing monthly workshop class website scheduling
- Determine schedule based on regular classes, private events, and Maker Break workshop events in collaboration with the General Manager
- Post workshops to the website 2 months in advance
- Schedule guest workshops (Maker Breaks) in collaboration with community artists and the General Manager
- Providing ongoing feedback & suggestions about workshop offerings, private label services, and private event services
- Provide ongoing feedback & suggestions about product performance & requests, customer behavior, and sales strategies
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly private label and private event sales are met
- Assist in planning & executing in store events designed to increase traffic and in-store sales
- Teach at least 2 Candlefish workshops per week
- Ability to step into any role including General Manager when on leave
- Adhere by our Candlefish values daily:
- Always be growing.
- Find the fun.
- Cultivate connection.
- Keep it simple.
- Choose positivity.
- Take ownership of your actions
- Being a positive role model for other staff members
- Be the go to person for all workshop related questions on the floor
- Ability to solve problems independently & proactively
- Continuously recruit potential new Chandlers
- Available to respectfully & constructively deliver feedback to Chandlers on the floor
- Develop positive relationships with all Chandlers and Manager(s,) and Corporate
- Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Maintain open, honest, and frequent communication with all Candlefish staff
- Enjoys and is open to coaching and mentoring employees
- Ability to jump into any Candlefish role if/when needed
- Uphold all Candlefish leadership guidelines
- Put Candlefish customers & employees first
- Participating in Candlefish off-site events when necessary
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years of retail experience, and at least 1 year in leadership role
- You are extremely goal oriented & motivated by growth and have a go-getter attitude
- You have the ability to multi-task & wear numerous “hats” at one time
- You are an independent and proactive problem solver.
- You are able to deliver consistent open & honest communication.
- You’re outgoing and love to make connections with customers, community, and team
- You are able to lift at least 50 lbs & stand on your feet for an entire shift.
- You have open availability (nights, weekends, holidays) & can fill shifts when needed
What you’ll get:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance
- 20 days of PTO + Holidays, PTO for Volunteering, Jury Duty, and Bereavement
- Candlefish Perks & Discounts (duh!)
Think you'd be a good fit? Send on over your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.