Meet Lindsey, one of our Candlefish Chandlers here in Charleston.
1. Tell us about a day in the life of you!: My days are split into two very different realms. Health and wellness are very important to me (and let's face it, you just feel better when you move with a purpose!), so I try to do some sort of activity everyday whether it is yoga, interval training, or just getting out for a walk or a bike ride. I work in Sports Medicine at MUSC as an Athletic Trainer with a local high school, so part of my day is consumed with injury prevention, practices, competitions, facilitating doctor appointments, addressing injuries...you name it! I love the human body in motion and being reminded how resilient we humans really are. For the other part of my day, I get to turn off my analytic brain and embrace my creative side at Candlefish. Walking into the shop, and being surrounded by all the beautiful smells, unique goods, and amazing co-workers you can't help but relax and be inspired and have a good time! I also have a slight obsession with plants and gardening, so if I'm lucky, I can squeeze in a trip to my favorite nursery, Hyam's, to pick up some new babies...any day with my hands in the dirt is a good day!
2. What is your Go To Library Fragrance?: No. 25; the loamy scent of lavender and moss, comforting leather, and the brightness of bergamot is perfection!
3. Most underrated/favorite restaurant in Charleston: It's so hard to choose a favorite with all the amazing choices in Charleston! Butcher & Bee is heavy in my rotation of favorite spots to eat. Phenomenal food, tasty drinks and delicious pastries all in a beautiful space. It’s the perfect way to enjoy time with friends...if you haven't been, you better remedy that!
4. Favorite place in Charleston to find inspiration and good sniffs: I love walking the Ravenel Bridge or head out to Sullivan's for a walk on the beach. Taking in the salty spray, crashing waves, and the marshy breezes rustling through the reedy grass while getting your body moving is so invigorating. Charleston has so many beautiful coastal views; the gorgeous sunrises and sunsets out across the river and ocean never cease to amazing me.
5. Most likely to… be caught at a traffic light singing at the top of my lungs...I love putting on a good 'car concert'!
6. Share one thing about being a Chandler that is surprising: I think a lot of people have preconceived notions as to what scents they hate/love, and may avoid those particular scents or not branch out. Patchouli is not a favorite of mine, but I was very surprised that once I started exploring our Library, most of the candles I was drawn to had notes of patchouli!
7. Best advice you’ve ever received: My Dad sent me a note years ago when I was very frustrated and going through a rough spot. It read "Focus on the positive stuff in your life and keep an eye on your goal". It's all about your mindset in how you approach things; I think it’s very easy to dwell on what's not going right in your life and play the 'woe is me' card. We all have WAY more positive things going for us than we think, so act on that!
Stay tuned for more questions with our awesome Chandlers! What do you want to learn more about? Tell us in the comments below!
Ready to join the Chandler crew? Click here to apply for available positions. We are so excited to hear from you!